4-Year Online High School
Adult Program Overview
Students meet program requirements by successfully completing 24 credit hours in specified subject areas. After successfully completing all program requirements, students recieve a high school diploma from the Provo (Utah) School District.
- Applicants must be at least 19 years old
- Requires completion of at least two courses every six months (an extension may be granted if extenuating circumstances arise)
- Students must complete a minimum of 3.0 credits through BYU Independent Study, regardless of credits earned at other schools.
- Students must pass a basic skills assessment test (TABE 41: Test of Adult Basic Education) before securing a high school diploma. The TABE measures basic understanding of math, English, and reading and must be taken with a certified proctor. The test may be ordered over the phone by calling the Registration office at 1-800-914-8931 and paying a $10 registration fee. The test may be taken at any time during enrollment in the program, but must be passed before being eligible to receive a diploma.
- Although the Adult Diploma Program is designed to be a four-year course of study, a student may complete the requirements in less time. High school credits that a student has earned from other schools, which are accredited by legitimate accrediting agencies, are generally transferable and may be applied toward meeting program requirements.