Character Education: Exploring Values
Description:This course is a literary study of additional basic values; it examines the consequences of having or lacking confidence, generosity, humility, obedience, determination, reliability, tolerance, forgiveness, and excellence. Lessons include instructor-graded portfolio activities, which should be submitted as a whole before requesting the final. This is the second course in a three-part Character Education: Exploring Values series (XPLR 041, XPLR 043, and XPLR 045); however, any of the courses may be taken independently of the others.
Course Content:1. Confidence: The "Can-Do" Attitude
2. Generosity: In Helping Others, We Help Ourselves
3. Humility: A Leveling Influence
4. Obedience: Appreciating the Boundaries
5. Determination: See It to the End
6. Reliability: We're All in It together
7. Tolerance: Seeing Beyond the Cover
8. Forgiveness: A Pathway to Peace
9. Excellence: The Personal Journey
10. Portfolio Submission
Paper Courses:Assignments for this course can be submitted online or by mail, email, or fax. If you do not have reliable internet access the optional course packet includes bubble sheets to be mailed.
Notes:This course may be counted for credit in either language arts literature or electives, but not both.
|Printed Course Packet||Included in tuition|