Character Education: Exploring Values
Description:This course is a literary study of basic values and examines the consequences of having or lacking courage, self-discipline, respect, honesty, work, trust, and compassion. This is the first course in a three-part Character Education: Exploring Values series (XPLR 041, XPLR 043, and XPLR 045); however, any of the courses may be taken independently of the others.
Course Content:1. Values: Training the Heart As Well As the Mind
2. Courage: Steel in the Backbone
3. Self-Discipline: The Stuggle to Master Self
4. Respect: A Wise Way to Look at Things
5. Honesty: The Only Policy
6. Work: "By the Sweat of Thy Brow"
7. Trust: There Will Be a Future
8. Compassion: To Feel as Others Feel
9. Portfolio Submission
Paper Courses:Assignments for this course can be submitted online or by mail, email, or fax. If you do not have reliable internet access the optional course packet includes bubble sheets to be mailed.
Notes:This course may be counted for credit in either language arts literature or electives, but not both.
|Printed Course Packet||Included in tuition|