Description:This course is designed to improve and enhance students' own poetic skills by teaching them how poets use the language devices of sound, sensory images, figurative expressions, and musical rhythms to share their insights through word-art. Throughout the course, students will experiment with traditional formats and with many free-verse styles of poetry.
Course Content:1. Beginnings: Origins of Poetry
2. Listening to Language: Literary Devices of Sound
3. Making Sense: Understanding Sensory Words
4. Shall I Compare Thee to a Summer’s Day...? Using Figurative Language
5. Musical Measurements: Rhythm and Meter
6. Casting Off Conventions: Ideas for Free Verse
Online Courses:Course materials are accessed online, and all assignments must be submitted online. Optional course readings may be available but do not include the self-check assignments or graded assignments.
|Writing Poetry Printed Course Readings||$ 20.00|