Teacher-Led Course (TL)
Prerequisite:Algebra 2, Part 2 (ALG 057), Geometry, Part 2 (GEOM 043), or equivalent.
Description:This course focuses on trigonometric principles as an extension of algebraic and geometrical concepts. Students will study angles, arcs, the unit circle, right triangle trigonometry, the six trig functions, inverse functions, fundamental trig identities, verifying trig identities, solving trig equations, the law of sines, the law of cosines, vectors, complex numbers, and polar coordinates.
Course Content:1. The Algebra of Trigonometry
2. Right Triangle Trigonometry
3. Angles, Arcs and the Unit Circle
4. Graphs of the Six Trig Functions
5. Inverse Trigonometric Functions
6. Solving Trigonometric Equations
7. Fundamental Trig Identities
8. Verifying Trig Identities
9. The Law of Sines and the Law of Cosines
11. Complex Numbers
12. Polar Coordinates
No Materials required for this course!