Introduction to the Theatre
Description:Reading, viewing, analyzing, writing about, and interacting with contemporary plays and performances to explore both theatre fundamentals and ways theatre addresses questions and concerns of our time.
- What is Theatre?
- What is a Play?
- The Playwright
- Give it a Shot!
- The Critic and the Dramaturg
- Critical Thinking Journal
- Critical Thinking Part One: Read a Play
- Visual Language
- Director's Concepts
- Critical Thinking Part Two: See a Play
- Design Part One: Set Design and Light Design
- Design Part Two: Costume Design and Makeup Design
- Design Part Three: Sound Design and Other Types of Design
- Final Project
Online Courses:Course materials are accessed online, and all assignments must be submitted online. Optional course readings may be available but do not include the self-check assignments or graded assignments.
Notes:Satisfies Brigham Young University core Arts requirement.
No Materials required for this course!