The Global Church
1900 to the Present
REL C 343
Mary Jane Woodger
add to cart
The Church in the twentieth and twenty-first centuries, international expansion, significant developments of Church programs and structure, the Church during wartime, the worldwide spread of temples.
- The Church at the Turn of the Century and Lorenzo Snow: 1898-1901
- President Joseph F. Smith in an Era of Transition: 1900-1912
- Moving Forward into the New Century: 1902-1918
- Heber J. Grant Begins His Administration: 1918-1930
- The Church During the Great Depression: 1929-1941
- The Saints During World War II: 1939-1945
- George Albert Smith and Postwar Recovery: 1945-1947
- David O. McKay and Growth into a Worldwide Church: 1950-1966
- Presidents Joseph Fielding Smith and Harold B. Lee, and an Era of Correlation and Consolidation: 1961-1973
- Spencer W. Kimball's Challenge to "Lengthen Our Stride": 1973-1981
- Meeting the Needs of a Worldwide Church: 1975-1985
- Ezra Taft Benson and a Period of Challenge and Growth: 1985-1991
- The Early 1990s and President Hunter: 1988-1995
- Gordon B. Hinckley and Bringing the Church out of Obscurity: 1995-2008
- The Destiny of the Church
Course materials are accessed online, and all assignments must be submitted online. Optional course readings may be available but do not include the self-check assignments or graded assignments.
The DVD Howard W. Hunter, Prophet of God
(item number #53946000) is required for this course, and it will accompany the course materials. This is no longer available from the LDS Distribution Center.