Prerequisite:Precalculus, Part 1 (PRECALC 041) or equivalent.
Description:In this course, students will be using trigonometric identities, the law of sines and cosines, and vectors; solving parametric equations, polar equations, systems of equations, conic sections; using discrete mathematics, including probabilities and statistics; and applying these skills in real-world situations. This is the second course in a two-part Precalculus series (PRECALC 041 and PRECALC 043).
Course Content:1. Fundamental Trigonometric Identities
2. Multiple Angle Identities, the Law of Sines, and the Law of Cosines
3. Vectors, Parametric Equations, and Polar Equations
4. Solving Systems of Equations and Inequalities
5. The Conic Sections and Three-Dimensional Geometry
6. Combinatorics, the Binomial Theorem, and Probability
7. Sequences, Series, Mathematical Induction, and Statistics
Online Courses:Course materials are accessed online, and all assignments must be submitted online. Optional course readings may be available but do not include the self-check assignments or graded assignments.
Notes:Students must have access to a graphing calculator.
No Materials required for this course!