Description:Gain a solid foundation in basic two-hand piano skills. Learn music theory, including how to read notes, rhythms, and musical symbols on a staff. After finishing this course, students should be able to teach themselves to play the beginning music they find at the music store.
Course Content:1. A Piano by Any Other Name is NOT Still a Piano
2. Finger Power: Easy as 1-2-3-4-5
3. The "Notorious" Grand Staff
4. Making Music Out of Music
5. Practice Makes Perfect
6. Ten Fingers. Not Ten Notes.
7. The KEY to Understanding Theory
8. Don't Cut the "Chord" on Music
9. Practice Makes Perfect. Again.
Paper Courses:Assignments for this course can be submitted online or by mail, email, or fax. If you do not have reliable internet access the optional course packet includes bubble sheets to be mailed.
Notes:Students will need access to a piano or adequate electric keyboard (longer than four octaves), a tape recorder (or video camera), and a CD player.
|Piano 041 - CD||Included in tuition|
|Printed Course Packet||Included in tuition|
|Piana 041 - Audio CD||Included in tuition|