R Don Cook DMA
add to cart
Internship or externship in creative, performing, producing, or teaching applications of major course work.
- History & Development of the Organ
- Types of Organ Registration and Musical Texture
- Chorus Registration
- Hymn Registration
- Solo and Accompaniment Registration
- Trio Registration
- The Process of Registrational Decision Making and Registration Mechanics
- Music Theory: Definitions; Structure of Tonality
- Historical Styles in Organ Building and Registration: Seventeenth- and Eighteenth-Century Germany, Austria, and the Netherlands
- Music Theory: Triads in Root Position-Doubling and Spacing
- Music Theory: Triads in Root Position-Voice Leading
- Historical Styles in Organ Building and Registration: J. S. Bach
- Music Theory: Triads in First and Second Inversion
Course materials are accessed online, and all assignments must be submitted online. Optional course readings may be available but do not include the self-check assignments or graded assignments.
Due to the numerous options presented in this course, books and scores should be ordered only after consultation with your local organ instructor. (The average cost for these materials is between $100 and $200).