Latin for Genealogists
Development of a reading knowledge of simple Latin prose found in parish, notarial, and other records of interest to genealogists, family historians, and archivists; introduction to the organization, structure, and content of such records.
- First and Second Declension Nouns
- Third Declension Nouns
- Fourth and Fifth Declension Nouns and Prepositions
- Numbers and Dates
- Pronouns, Possessive Adjectives, Adverbs, and Latinized Place Names
- First and Second Conjugation Verbs and Latin Syntax
- Present, Future, and Imperfect Indicative Active of Third and Fourth Conjugation Verbs
- The Perfect System Active of All Four Conjugations
- The Passive Voice, Deponent Verbs, and Principal Parts of Latin Verbs
- The Subjunctive Mood
- Participles, Infinitives, and Indirect Statements
- The Gerund, Irregular and Impersonal Verbs, and Other Usages
- Preparation and Review
Course materials are accessed online, and all assignments must be submitted online. Optional course readings may be available but do not include the self-check assignments or graded assignments.