Principles and Practices of Health Promotion
Joshua H West
add to cart
Introduction to the health promotion profession, emphasizing current issues, professional preparation and employment, as well as the philosophy and foundations of professional practice in various settings.
- Lesson 1: Health promotion and healthcare: What’s the relationship?
- Lesson 2: Foundations of health promotion
- Lesson 3: Health behavior change models and theories
- Lesson 4: Exploring positive deviance: Alternative approaches at setting health promotion priorities
- Lesson 5: Communication skills for health promotion
- Lesson 6: Employment opportunities in health promotion
- Lesson 7: CDC’s Essential Public Health Services
- Lesson 8: Health promotion counseling and motivational interviewing
- Lesson 9: Health promotion among college age populations
- Lesson 10: Health promotion among adults
- Lesson 11: Health promotion among older adults
- Lesson 12: Health promotion specific to physical activity
- Lesson 13: Health promotion specific to dietary intake
- Lesson 14: Health promotion and multicultural awareness and cultural competency
Course materials are accessed online, and all assignments must be submitted online. Optional course readings may be available but do not include the self-check assignments or graded assignments.