English Language Handwriting and Documents
add to cart
Interpretation of handwriting within historical contexts in vernacular scripts in the British Isles, sixteenth through eighteenth centuries, in sources useful in family, local, and social history research.
- An Introduction to English Handwriting
- Secretary Hand
- Dates and Calendars
- Parish Registers
- Wills and Probates
- Court Records
- The Social Structure of Tudor-Stuart England
- Currency, Weights, and Measures
- An Introduction to Scottish Handwriting
- Document Identification and Difficult Documents
- Practice and Review
Course materials are accessed online, and all assignments must be submitted online. Optional course readings may be available but do not include the self-check assignments or graded assignments.
Assignment resubmissions are not allowed.