First-Year Biblical Hebrew
Description:Old Testament Hebrew. Provides foundation in grammar and vocabulary; reading Hebrew prose texts in Bible.
Course Content:1. The Hebrew Alphabet and Vowel Points
2. Noun Gender and Number
3. Definite Article and Noun Plurals
4. The Definite Article and Adjectives
5. Variations for Plural Nouns
6. Prepositions and Pronouns
7. Plural Forms of Monosyllabic Nouns
8. Expressing Existence and Nonexistence
9. This, That, These, and Those
10. Perfect and Imperfect Verb Forms
11. Perfect Verbs Containing Guttural Consonants
12. Perfect Forms I
13. Perfect Forms II
14. Nominal Predicates
15. "Hollow" Verbs in the Perfect Form
16. Verbs with Identical Consonants
17. Constructing Chains
18. Minor Variations of the Singular Noun
19. Construct Form of Plural Nouns
20. Independent Forms for Personal Pronouns
21. Pronominal Suffixes
22. Stative Verbs
23. Imperfect Verb Inflection and Imperfect Verbs
24. Verb Inflections with the "a" Sound
25. Narrative Sequences
26. Imperative Verb Form
27. Cohortative and Jussive Verb Forms
Online Courses:Course materials are accessed online, and all assignments must be submitted online. Optional course readings may be available but do not include the self-check assignments or graded assignments.
Notes:Assignment resubmissions are not available in this course.
Due to the nature of this course’s learning outcomes, the exams are only available in a paper format. Please plan for shipping time.
No Materials required for this course!