Prerequisite:American Government, Part 1 (Govt 041) or equivalent.
Description:This course examines American government, including the presidency, foreign policy, the bureaucracy, the court system, state government, local government, and future government. This is the second course in a two-part American Government series (GOVT 041 and GOVT 043); however, either course may be taken independently of the other.
Course Content:1. The Presidency
2. Foreign Policy and Our Common Defense
3. The Cabinet and Domestic Policy
4. The "Fourth Branch" of Government
5. The Court System
6. The Impact of the Supreme Court
7. State Government
8. County and City Government
9. Public Service
10. The Future of American Government
Paper Courses:Assignments for this course can be submitted online or by mail, email, or fax. If you do not have reliable internet access the optional course packet includes bubble sheets to be mailed.
|Govt 043 - CD||Included in tuition|
|Printed Course Packet||Included in tuition|