Understanding Physical Geography
Description:Physical environment, distribution and interrelationships of climates, landforms, ecosystems and their human significance.
Course Content:1. Geography, Systems, and Science
2. Location, Time, and Geographic Tools
3. Solar Energy, Seasons, and the Atmosphere
4. Earth's Energy Budget and Temperature
5. Air and Water Circulation
6. Water in the Atmosphere
7. Precipitation and Storms
8. Water Resources
9. Global Climate Systems
10. Climatic Change
12. The Lithosphere and Plate Tectonics
13. Tectonics, Earthquakes, and Volcanism
14. Weathering, Karst Landscapes, and Mass Movement
15. Fluvial Processes and Landforms
16. Oceans, Coasts, and Wind
17. Glacial Processes and Landforms
18. Ecosystems and Processes in the Biosphere
19. Terrestrial Biomes
Online Courses:Course materials are accessed online, and all assignments must be submitted online. Optional course readings may be available but do not include the self-check assignments or graded assignments.
No Materials required for this course!