Fitness for Living Well
Description:This course is an individualized approach to physical fitness, including cardiovascular endurance, strength, and flexibility. Students will need access to free weights or a universal weight machine to complete the course requirements. Students must engage in a 15-week fitness program to receive credit.
Course Content:1. Assessing, Deciding, and Directing
2. With Every Beat of Your Heart (Cardiovascular Fitness)
3. You Are What You Eat (Nutrition and Weight Control
4. Why Wait for Weights? (Strength Training)
5. Stress or Opportunities in Disguise? (Flexibility and Relaxation)
6. The Finish Line (Training Log and Post Course Evaluation)
Paper Courses:Assignments for this course can be submitted online or by mail, email, or fax. If you do not have reliable internet access the optional course packet includes bubble sheets to be mailed.
Notes:Before beginning any exercise program, consult with your doctor. Participants and their legal guardians assume all responsibility and risk associated with any participation in any exercise program or related activities. Students must engage in a 90 day exercise program, to be completed within 15-18 weeks, to receive credit.
|Fit 041 - CD||Included in tuition|
|Printed Course Packet||Included in tuition|