Science of Wellness
Description:A comprehensive study of the science of wellness of the whole individual. The science of wellness draws principles from exercise sciences, biological sciences, and behavioral sciences. The research from psychoneuroimmunology (PNI) supports specifically the holistic wellness paradigm whose focus is that every aspect of each human being -the body, mind, and spirit- is involved in all wellness activities and all wellness activities, and all affect the whole individual. Students will discover this new paradigm and experience the blending of the sciences to support the integrated nature of our being.
- Lesson 1: Science of the Whole Individual
- Lesson 2: Healthy Behavior Change
- Lesson 3: Functional Fitness
- Lesson 4: Cardiorespiratory Fitness
- Lesson 5: Flexibility
- Lesson 6: Muscular Strength/Endurance
- Lesson 7: Nutrition/Weight Management
- Lesson 8: Weight Management
- Lesson 9: Making Stress Work for You
- Lesson 10: Addictive Behaviors
- Lesson 11: Unhealthy Sexual Challenges
- Lesson 12: Healthy Relationships
- Lesson 13: Chronic Diseases
- Lesson 14: Individual and Family Recreation
- Lesson 15: Healthy Living throughout Life
Online Courses:Course materials are accessed online, and all assignments must be submitted online. Optional course readings may be available but do not include the self-check assignments or graded assignments.
No Materials required for this course!