Writing for Children and Adolescents
Prerequisite:ENGL 218R (Creative Writing).
Description:Theory and practice of writing prose and verse for youth readership. Specific attention to requirements of picture books, middle-grade novels, and young adult stories. Online access to Brigham Young University library services.
Course Content:1. Are You a Writer?
2. Finding the Time
3. Where Do You Get Ideas?
4. Who Will Read What I Write?
5. What Kinds of Things Can I Write?
6. At Last: Writing!
7. The People Who Inhabit Your Stories
8. A Story is War
9. Using Detail to Create Atmosphere
10. Getting the Writing Done
11. Beginning, Middles, and Ends
12. Revision: The Be-All and End-All
13. Trying It Out
14. Writing Mysteries
15. Writing Nonfiction
16. Playing Around with Drama
17. Dressing Your Baby Up and Sending Her Out
18. To Market, To Market
Online Courses:Course materials are accessed online, and all assignments must be submitted online. Optional course readings may be available but do not include the self-check assignments or graded assignments.
|ENGL 320R: Writing for Children and Adolescents (Online) Papermanual||$ 20.00|