Media Ethics, Law, and Responsibility
Description:Introduction to First Amendment history and press freedom, law, and theory; media regulation and policy; relationship between law and ethics; key ethical issues in professional communications.
Course Content:1. The Law in Modern Society
2. The First Ammendment in Theory and Practice
3. Disruptive Speech
5. Intellectual Property
6. Regulating Advertising and Public Relations
8. Media and Courts, Newsgathering and Reporter’s Privilege
9. Broadcast, Cable, and Internet Regulation
10. Ethics and Professional Responsibility in Journalism, Public Relations and Advertising, Part I
11. Ethics and Professional Responsibility in Journalism, Public Relations and Advertising, Part II
12. Standing for Something
Online Courses:Course materials are accessed online, and all assignments must be submitted online. Optional course readings may be available but do not include the self-check assignments or graded assignments.
|Printed Course Packet||$ 12.00|