Introduction to Commercial Art
Description:This commercial art course teaches the introductory elements of graphic design, the concept of simplification, and the history and function of typography. Students will also apply principles and elements of design, employ principles and concepts of advertising, and use a computer to research, create, or manipulate images.
Course Content:1. Introduction to Commercial Art
2. Different Ways of Seeing and Understanding
3. The Building Blocks of Perception
4. Portfolio Assignment Submission: Lessons 1-3
5. The Spice of Life
6. When "Cut and Paste" Could be Taken Literally
7. Jingle All the Way
8. Portfolio Assignment Submission: Lessons 5-7
Paper Courses:Assignments for this course can be submitted online or by mail, email, or fax. If you do not have reliable internet access the optional course packet includes bubble sheets to be mailed.
Notes:An email account and minimal familiarity with a computer are required.
|Printed Course Packet||Included in tuition|