Prerequisite:Pre-Algebra, Part 1 (ALG 041) or equivalent.
Description:This course includes using ratios, rates, and proportions to solve problems; changing fractions, percents, and decimals; and solving problems involving percentages such as discounts, markups, commissions, profit, simple and compound interest, etc. This is the second course in a two-part Pre-Algebra series (ALG 041 and ALG 043).
Course Content:1. Ratios, Rates, and Proportions
2. Fractions, Decimals, and Percents
3. Discount, Markup, Commission, and Profit
4. Equations and Inequalities
5. Let's Get Ready For The Midcourse Exam
6. Lines, Ordered Pairs, and the Coordinate Plane
7. Probability, Patterns, and Statistics
8. Square Roots, Triangles, and the Pythagorean Theorem
9. Introduction into Geometry
Paper Courses:Assignments for this course can be submitted online or by mail, email, or fax. If you do not have reliable internet access the optional course packet includes bubble sheets to be mailed.
|Alg 043 - Multimedia CD||Included in tuition|
|Printed Course Packet||Included in tuition|