Prerequisite:Algebra 2, Part 2 (ALG 057) and Plane Geometry 2 (GEOM 043) or equivalent.
Description:This course covers using mathematical functions to identify the domain and range, forming compositions, finding inverses, graphing, and solving real-world problems. This is the first course in a two-part Precalculus series (PRECALC 041 and PRECALC 043).
Course Content:1. Solving Linear and Nonlinear Equations and Inequalities
2. Functions and Graphs, Two Fundamental Concepts of Mathematics
3. Polynomial and Power Functions
4. Complex Zeros, Rational Functions, and Solving Inequalities
5. Exponential and Logarithmic Functions
6. Introduction to Trigonometric Functions
7. Graphs of Other Trigonometric Functions and Applications
Online Courses:Course materials are accessed online, and all assignments must be submitted online. Optional course readings may be available but do not include the self-check assignments or graded assignments.
Notes:Students must have access to a graphing calculator.
No Materials required for this course!