Description:Differential and integral calculus: limits; continuity; the derivative and applications; extrema; the definite integral; fundamental theorem of calculus; L'Hopital's Rule.
Course Content:1. 1.1 Getting Off to a Good Start
2. 1.2 Linear Functions
3. 2.1 Tangent and Velocity
4. 2.2 The Limit of Function
5. 2.3 Calculating Limits Using the Limits Laws
6. 2.4 The Precise Definition of the Limit
7. 2.5 Continuity
8. 2.6 Limits at Infinity
9. 2.7 Derivatives and Rates of Change
10. 2.8 The Derivative as a Function
11. 3.1 Derivatives of Polynomials and Exponential Functions
12. 3.2 The Product and Quotient Rules
13. 3.3 Derivatives of Trigonometric Functions
14. 3.4 The Chain Rule
15. 3.5 Implicit Differentiation
16. 3.6 Derivatives of Logarithmic Functions
17. 3.7 Rates of Change in the Natural and Social Sciences
18. 3.8 Exponential Growth and Decay
19. 3.9 Related Rates
20. 3.10 Linear Approximations and Differentials
21. 3.11 Hyperbolic Functions
22. 4.1 Maximum and Minimum Values
23. 4.2 The Mean Value Theorem
24. 4.3 How Derivatives Affect the Shape of a Graph
25. 4.4 Indeterminate Forms and L'Hospital's Rule
26. 4.5 Summary of Curve Sketching
27. 4.7 Optimization Problems
28. 4.9 Antiderivatives
29. 5.1 Areas and Distances
30. 5.2 The Definite Integral
31. 5.3 The Fundamental Theorem of Calculus
32. 5.4 Indefinite Integrals and the Net Change Theorem
33. 5.5 The Substitution Rule
Online Courses:Course materials are accessed online, and all assignments must be submitted online. Optional course readings may be available but do not include the self-check assignments or graded assignments.
Notes:In addition to the textbook, students must purchase WebAssign (either with or separate from the textbook). Details are in the course syllabus. All homework is done through WebAssign. Satisfies Brigham Young University core Quantitative Reasoning requirement. Mac users: It is strongly recommended that Safari be used as the browser; Adobe Reader must be used to view this course.
The exams are only available to be taken in a paper format. Please plan for shipping time.
No Materials required for this course!