Advanced Literature Comprehension
Description:This course provides an exploration of proven masters in major genres, including epic poetry, short story, drama, and the novel. Major themes include love of self, of others, and of principle.
Course Content:1. The Great English Epic: Beowulf
2. Love in Structure: The Sonnet
3. Love through Imagination: Art Ballads and Odes
4. A Dark Side of Love: The Romantic Short Story
5. Contradiction and Contrast: The Short Story from a Victorian View
6. The Victorian Novel: The Picture of Dorian Gray
7. Modern Poetry: The Magic of Robert Frost
8. Modern Drama: Pygmalion
Paper Courses:Assignments for this course can be submitted online or by mail, email, or fax. If you do not have reliable internet access the optional course packet includes bubble sheets to be mailed.
Notes:The novels required may be available at a local library or bookstore.
|Lit 047 - CD||Included in tuition|
|Printed Course Packet||Included in tuition|