An Introduction to the Humanities
Description:Study of the arts emphasizing forms and relationships, the development of critical skills, and an awareness of traditional humanistic values.
Course Content:1. The Commonwealth of the Arts
2. What Are the Humanities?
3. Our Dual Nature
4. The Creative Process: The Artist and the Work
5. The Aesthetic Experience: The Audience and the Work
6. Aesthetic Judgement: The Critic and the Work
7. Writing about the Arts: You and Your Audience
8. Introduction to Poetry
9. Introduction to Dance
10. Introduction to Music
11. Introduction to Drama
12. Introduction to Music Drama
13. Introduction to Film
14. Introduction to the Visual Arts
15. Form, Content, and Style in Painting
16. Introduction to Sculpture
17. Introduction to Architecture
Online Courses:Course materials are accessed online, and all assignments must be submitted online. Optional course readings may be available but do not include the self-check assignments or graded assignments.
Notes:Satisfies Brigham Young University core Arts requirement.
|IHum 101 - CD||Included in tuition|
|Printed Course Readings||$ 20.00|