Principles of Epidemiology
Prerequisite:STAT 121 (Principles of Statistics).
Description:Applying analytical tools to study acute and chronic disease to facilitate investigation and control of epidemics.
Course Content:1. Foundations of Epidemiology
2. Historical Developments in Epidemiology
3. Practical Disease Concepts in Epidemiology
4. Design Strategies and Statistical Methods Used in Descriptive Epidemiology
5. Descriptive Epidemiology According to Person, Place, and Time
6. General Health and Population Indicators
7. Design Strategies and Statistical Methods in Analytic Epidemiology
8. Experimental Studies in Epidemiology
9. Statistical and Causal Association
10. Field Epidemiology
11. Chronic Disease Epidemiology
12. Clinical Epidemiology
Online Courses:Course materials are accessed online, and all assignments must be submitted online. Optional course readings may be available but do not include the self-check assignments or graded assignments.
No Materials required for this course!