The Expansion of Europe
Description:Early voyages of discovery and the actions of Europeans in the wider world from about 1400 to 1800.
Course Content:1. Conditions for Exploration and Expansion
2. Motivations for Exploration and Expansion
3. Early Exploration around the World
4. Early Voyages to Asia and Africa
5. Book Review
6. Early Voyages to the Americas
7. Cross-Cultural Encounter
8. Later Exploration and the State
9. Interests of Merchants
10. Merchant Empires
11. Text Analysis
12. European Colonization
13. The Columbian Exchange
14. The Spread of Christianity
16. Early Modern Globalization
17. Term Paper
Online Courses:Course materials are accessed online, and all assignments must be submitted online. Optional course readings may be available but do not include the self-check assignments or graded assignments.
Notes:Internet access is required for this course. Exam retakes and resubmissions for instructor-graded assignments are not allowed in this course.
|Printed Course Readings||$ 12.00|