Life of the Past
Scott Myers Ritter PhD
add to cart
Cultural focus on historical geology for non-science majors; fossils.
- Introduction to Earth History
- Rocks and Minerals: Building Blocks of the Rock Archive
- The Sedimentary Archive
- The Fossil Record: Its Nature and Uses
- The Fossil Record: The Species Concept and Organic Evolution
- Earth Structure and Plate Tectonics
- The Precambrian: The First Four Billion Years
- Early Paleozoic Events
- Late Paleozoic Events
- Life of the Paleozoic
- The Mesozoic Era
- The Mesozoic Biosphere
- The Cenozoic Era and Ice Ages
- Cenozoic Life
- Human Organisms
Course materials are accessed online, and all assignments must be submitted online. Optional course readings may be available but do not include the self-check assignments or graded assignments.
Partially satisfies the Brigham Young University core Physical Science requirement.